1000 g bread flour ( strong flour)
150 g sugar
200 g unsalted butter
250 g eggs
25 g salt
200 g sourdough starter
60 g fresh yeast (around 25 degrees)
250- 300 g water (around 25 degrees)
- mix all ingredients
- if any flavoring is added, it needs to be added last
- rest the dough at 4º-8º for 12-16 h
- form buns of 20-25 g
- back on 180 degree for 6 minutes
- tomato: 100 g of dried tomato flakes and red food color per Kg flour
- curry & turmeric: 10g turmeric powder & 15 gr curry powder per Kg flour
- calamar ink: 10 g squid ink powder per Kg flour
- basil & thyme: 15 g dried basil and 10 g dried thyme plus green food coloring per Kg flour
2am: lab hosts Daniel Jorda for a week during the World gourmet submit.
One of the top bread makers in Europe, Daniel Jorda’s humble background and creativity has touched the chefs at 2am: lab.
We collaborated to make a 7 course meal where bread took centre stage of the dinner for the first time.
Different flavors and textures of bread were incorporated into the courses. (more photos can be viewed in our gallery)
When he first arrived, we took him to Ghim moh market where he tasted most of the local delights and bought much local herbs and fruits for the dinner and workshop.
Annatto bread recipe coming soon…
Daniel loves using spices, dried herbs and vegetables in his bread and it was wonderful seeing him being inspired by our flavor wall and picking ingredients from the wall for use in his bread.
Another bread he made for pre dinner course. one of his favorites….
250g whole wheat bread flour
10g baker yeast
5g sea salt
1tbsp oregano leaves
1tbsp rosemary leaves
Extra virgin olive oil
15g extra virgin olive oil
2g sea salt
Making bread sculptures for petit 4s.
Chef daniel and the 2am: lab chefs, made some experiments with the dough with flour, salt and water.